All models feature high strength polymer headers, hot surface ignition and digital display panel. They are available in natural gas or LPG models depending on your location and requirements.
These are very good at heating the pool very quickly as they use direct and constant heat from a flame either through natural gas or LPG tanks. A gas heater is an ideal choice for anyone who uses their pool sporadically throughout the year and may only want to heat it occasionally such as when friends are coming over or for the weekend.
Gas heaters come in a number of different sizes and should be sized correctly for the pool and they are generally measured in Mega Joules (Mj) or British Thermal Units (BTU's) for performance. In Australia the most common reference is Mj which is a standard for measuring energy, usually in reference to gas usage. Zodiac's range of Legacy LRZ heaters range from 132 Mj right up to 422 Mj which is able to heat a large 100,000L pool up to a warm 28°C in less than a day* during winter.
*Temperature increase up by 11°C in low wind conditions
The Legacy LRZ range has some great features including:
- Ceramic fiber combustion chamber for lightweight, compact design.
- Copper heat exchanger and Flo-Thru baffles provide efficient heat transfer and lower the amount of energy needed to heat your pool.
- Reliable, self cleaning hot surface ignition systems provide trouble free operation season after season.
- Easy to operate controllers for use with either the pool or spa
- Stainless steel burners that are corrosion resistant and longer lasting
- And of course they are all certified by Australian Gas
- Dual thermostat digital control pad, allowing you to set and select the pool and spa temperatures with the touch of a button